Have you suffered from an injury and aren’t sure whether or not you have a case? If so, you should strongly consider contacting a personal injury lawyer to discuss your options.
Injuries happen all the time, especially in big cities such as New York City. Many of these injuries are minor, and victims can shake off the symptoms without any long-lasting effects. Unfortunately, there are also many accidents that can lead to severe, lifetime symptoms. In these cases, it’s essential to have a personal injury lawyer on your side.
What Types of Accidents Qualify for a Personal Injury Claim?
There are tons of accidents that fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. Some of the most common types of accidents are as follows:
- Public Transportation Accidents.Busses, trains, subways, and other forms of public transportation make it much easier for people to get around the Big Apple. These means of travel are fantastic for helping people of all income levels get from point A to point B. But because so many people use these services every single day, injuries often occur on these public transportation vehicles. Slipping and falling while getting on a bus, losing one’s balance on the subway, or being injured by a faulty mechanism on a train can all lead to serious injuries that an individual may never fully recover from.
- Pedestrian Accidents.In New York City, people walk everywhere. For this reason, there is tons of foot traffic that makes for the possibility of numerous accidents every day. Cars might take turns at the wrong time, or busses may fail to see a pedestrian as they cross the street. These accidents are often tragic, but help can be found through the use of personal injury lawyer.
- Product Liability.Product manufacturers have a duty to make their products safe and effective for users. When they don’t take the proper precautions and steps to ensure safety, users of said devices may sustain injuries or even die. Furthermore, manufacturers may know of certain risks associated with their product and they may fail to warn consumers about these risks. These products include medications, appliances, or even cars.
Types of Compensation Received for Personal Injury Claims
Because of the severe nature of many personal injury claims, victims are often forced to stop working or change professions. Beyond that, their lives can be irrevocably changed, leading to costly changes in their daily routines. Some of the common compensations for personal injuries include:
- Medical expenses.Often, victims will have to seek care from doctors and rehab professionals following an injury. While insurance may cover some of these visits, some of the cost will be out of pocket.
- Lost wages.As was mentioned earlier, many victims are forced to change jobs or stop working altogether.
- Pain and suffering.Pain and suffering are issues that are worthy of compensation all on their own.
If you’ve been a victim of an accident or suffered any kind of injury, contact a skilled Bronx personal injury lawyer today to see what they can do for you!